VILLAGERS RENTAL CONDITIONS
Villagers will supply the renting company with a clean theater, lobby, dressing rooms and bathrooms for the beginning of the rental period. It is the responsibility of the renting company to leave the theater in the same clean condition. Renting companies presenting more than one performance are responsible for maintaining the lobby and public rest rooms during their stay.
Villagers will provide one “Non-Tech Host” at $25 per hour, who will be present and orient the renting company’s staff. Non-Tech Hosts will not perform any work on behalf of the renting company. If the renting company requires technical help such as lighting/sound, then Villagers may, with advance notice, be able to provide a “Tech Host” to assist with these needs at $50 per hour. All other staffing is the renting company’s responsibility, including but not limited to set/scenic designers, prop masters, costumers, stage crew, house manager, ushers, box office and other ‘technicians’. Villagers will not be responsible for publicity, ticket sales or reservations unless otherwise arranged.
The renting company shall provide its own liability insurance of no less than $1,000,000 coverage and the Villagers must be named as additionally insured (documentation must be provided 2 weeks in advance). The renting company must agree to absolve the Villagers of any responsibility or liability regarding the renting company’s activities in the theater.
THE RENTER AGREES:
- to use the facility solely for the purpose stated above, only during the dates and times specified above;
- to hold Villagers harmless in any legal action resulting from the renting company’s use of the facility;
- to use only those areas specified above as part of the rental;
- utilize the lobby to accommodate patrons only;
- to supply adequate adult supervision should children be a part of the cast ensuring the safety of the participants and the facility;
- to leave the facility the theater in the condition in which it was found, and;
- that any damage to the facility or properties could incur additional expense at the close of the rental.
- Follow all government mandated Covid-19 restrictions in effect at the time of the rental
- The renting company may not use Villagers offices or phones.
- The renting company may not use any Villagers consumables (batteries, tape, paint, screws, lumber, etc).
- Use of the Villagers copier, laundry facilities and concessions area are prohibited.
- Members of the renting company are not permitted in any other area other than public spaces and those in which the company is renting.
- Under no circumstances should props, scenery, costumes, lighting, sound equipment, office equipment or Villagers property be used, moved or removed from the theater unless previous written permission is given.
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING anywhere in the facility.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages is strictly forbidden.
- The use of flammable and combustible substances or materials is prohibited.
- Only qualified technicians are to use or work on any sound or lighting.
- Arrangements will be made for renting company’s access to the theater and be limited to specific individuals agreed to by Villagers.
- Doors may not be propped open and the theater may not be left unlocked when not occupied. In the event the theater is left unlocked, the renting company is solely responsible for any damages or losses suffered by the Villagers.
- Only the main entrance, dressing room and workshop entrances may be used by members of renting company.
- All publicity is subject to the approval of Villagers staff.
- No additional rental requests can be made, two weeks prior to your rental date.